Activities in Chamonix
Many and varied trails begin from the village of Les
Praz de Chamonix. But you can also head off from the top of lifts.
Here are some of our family favourites:
- The climb up to la Floria for kids. There’s a little
café up there serving simple lunches and drinks.
- The Petit Balcon Sud to Argentière, returning by train
- Up to the Chapeau for a cold drink with a view of the
Mer de Glace
- Lots of trails routes climb above the tree-line. Two
of our favourites are:
- Plan de l’Aiguille – Montenvers: skirting the bottom
of the Aiguilles de Chamonix
Lac Blanc: A picture postcard of Chamonix’s peaks