Activities in Chamonix
Skiing and Snowboarding
There are various places to choose from when skiing or snowboarding in Chamonix, from easy/beginner slopes to more challenging runs and world-famous off-piste areas.
are a few of our favourites:
- The La Verte black run in Les Houches, a downhill event on the FIS Skiing World Cup calendar.
- The Grands Montets and the Point de Vue with its majestic glacier run.
- The Col de Balme and Tour area which drops down to the neighbouring valley of Vallorcine.
- The natural half-pipe at the Tour.
- The FreeStyle park at the Grands Montets.
For the more experienced riders, Chamonix has also some of the best off-piste available:
- The Vallée Blanche: Starts at the top of the Aiguille du Midi cable car (3842m, Europe’s highest) and snakes for 20km all the way down to Chamonix (2800m vertical descent).
- The Pas de Chèvre: A majestic run from the Grands Montets down under the Drus, with a finish in Chamonix.
- Crochue-Berrard: Starts at the Flégère cable-car (5 minute drive from the chalets), climbs up to the Crochues Pass and then descends the magnificent secluded and uninhabited Bérard valley. Take the train from Vallorcine back to the chalets.
We can pre-book and deliver your ski passes for you, or book you a ski instructor or experienced guide to help you improve your skills on the pistes.